Stuffed Bell Pepper Rings
Crafty Cooking by Anna
Ingredients1 h 15 m servings 408
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Combine ground beef, rice, onion, eggs, corn, carrot, 1 tablespoon olive oil, bread crumbs, pesto, parsley, 1 tablespoon dill, garlic, salt, and black pepper in a large bowl.
- Chop any remaining yellow bell pepper pieces and place them in the bottom of a baking dish. Add the remaining olive oil, tomatoes, pasta sauce, chicken broth, green onions, and remaining dill.
- Arrange yellow bell pepper rings in the baking dish and fill with the beef-rice mixture. Spoon the pasta sauce mixture on top to cover. Cover the baking dish with aluminum foil.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 30 minutes. Remove aluminum foil and continue baking until beef is browned and peppers are still crunchy-soft, about 20 minutes more.
- Cook's Notes:
- You can substitute any ground meat for the sirloin.
- Use dill paste in place of dill weed if desired.
- Use any color bell pepper you prefer.
- If you don't have sun-dried tomato pesto, ketchup or pasta sauce will work as well.
- You may need to double the proportions of sauce depending on the size of your baking dish.
Per Serving: 408 calories; 18.8 27.9 32.4 128 361 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 3
I loved this dish when I made it! But you could put fewer ingredients in it so the taste is purer than you can imagine. Maybe remove the dill.
That's a lot of ingredients for a stuffed pepper. She was worried about the amount of time to cook whole peppers. By the looks of the ingredients, prep time and expense, I believe stuffing wh...