Asian-Inspired Salmon Patties
0 made it | 0 reviews |
"This recipe was inspired by Chef John's Fresh Salmon Cakes. With a bit of an Asian twist, these salmon patties are great as a burger or just with some sriracha sauce on top for a low-carb option! Don't be afraid to tweak this recipe to make it spicier or saltier or any way you prefer."
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients57 m servings 269
Original recipe yields 6 servings (6 patties)
- Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add red bell pepper, shallots, and capers; cook and stir until shallots are translucent, about 3 minutes. Turn off heat and allow to cool.
- Chop salmon fillet into cubes; chop cubes until meat is coarsely ground.
- Whisk mayonnaise, soy sauce, sambal, rice vinegar, honey, lime juice, and sesame oil together in a bowl. Grate in ginger root and garlic. Add cooled bell pepper mixture; season with salt and pepper.
- Stir chopped salmon and egg into the bowl of bell pepper mixture; do not overmix. Add 1 cup panko and stir again to combine. Add additional panko in small amounts if mixture is not adequately sticking together. Cover bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate at least 15 minutes to allow flavors to combine.
- Put a layer of panko on a plate. Divide salmon mixture into 6 portions; shape into patties and lay on the panko-lined plate. Add more panko to tops of patties. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until ready to cook.
- Preheat a panini press and spray with cooking spray. Remove patties from the refrigerator and cook until hot and cooked throughout, about 7 minutes.
You might also like
- Cook's Note:
- They can also be cooked on a grill or in a frying pan with vegetable oil, about 4 minutes on each side.
Per Serving: 269 calories; 11.4 28.6 18.8 68 670 Full nutrition