Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 50 m servings 222 cals
Original recipe yields 25 servings (25 sandwich cookies)
- Split the vanilla pod lengthwise with a knife and scrape out the seeds or use 2 teaspoons vanilla extract instead.
- In a bowl, mix the butter, confectioners' sugar, egg, vanilla seeds and salt. Mix briefly to blend until all the ingredients are combined, but without over working. Add the sifted flour and mix again briefly.
- Roll this mixture up into a ball, wrap it with plastic wrap and let the dough rest for 1 hour in the fridge.
- Take the dough out of the fridge and cut into 2 parts with a knife.
- Roll out each piece between 2 pieces of parchment paper to a thickness of 1/4 of an inch. Rest the two layers in the fridge for at least 10 minutes (ideally 1 hour).
- Remove the 2 layers from the fridge. Using a round cookie cutter, cut out cookies. Using smaller cutters, cut a shape out of the top cookies.
- Bake on the middle shelf of the oven at 350 degrees F for approx. 10 minutes. Take out of the oven and let cool.
- Using a pastry bag, put 1/2 tablespoon of Nutella(R) hazelnut spread onto each cookie without a hole. Then cover with the top cookie.
Per Serving: 222 calories; 11.6 g fat; 26.3 g carbohydrates; 3 g protein; 27 mg cholesterol; 67 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1