Cinnamon Star Cookies with Nutella® hazelnut spread
0 made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 5 m servings 115
Original recipe yields 24 servings (24 cookies)
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees F; position rack in center of oven.
- Using a mixer, beat together the egg whites and 1 1/4 cups confectioners' sugar for 4 to 5 minutes or until soft peaks form.
- Reserve 2 tablespoon into a small bowl for the icing used later - combine only this portion with 1 teaspoon of lemon juice. Gently mix hazelnuts and cinnamon into remaining egg white mixture until combined.
- On work surface, roll out dough between 2 sheets of parchment paper to 1/8 inch thickness. Using a 2-inch star cookie cutter, cut out 48 cookies, re-rolling scraps once.
- Arrange cookies on 2 parchment paper-lined baking sheets. Using 1/2 inch round cookie cutter, cut out rounds in the center of half of the cookies (these will be tops of sandwich cookies).
- Spread "icing"-like mixture on the top of the cookie (with the cut out) using a teaspoon.
- Bake, in 2 batches, for about 10 minutes or until cookies are set. Let cool completely. Spoon Nutella(R) hazelnut spread into piping bag fitted with small round tip. Pipe 1 teaspoon Nutella(R) hazelnut spread onto half of the cookies (without round cut outs).
- Dust remaining cookies with remaining confectioners' sugar; place over Nutella(R) hazelnut spread on bottom halves of cookies.
Per Serving: 115 calories; 7 12 1.9 0 7 Full nutrition