Vanilla Crescents with Nutella® hazelnut spread
Nutella® hazelnut spread
"From the Balkans to the great plain of Central Europe, you may find these traditional Christmas cookies in the shape of a crescent moon. Easy to make, these cookies become even yummier after 2 to 3 days--but only for those who can resist long enough! Bake them along with your children and let them dip half into softened Nutella® hazelnut spread!"
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 40 m servings 177
Original recipe yields 16 servings (16 cookies)
- Split the vanilla bean lengthwise with a knife; scrape out seeds or use 2 teaspoons vanilla extract if desired.
- In a large bowl, combine butter, sugar and vanilla seeds/extract; stir in flour and almond flour until dough comes together. Cover with plastic wrap; refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Take small amount of dough and roll into crescent shape; place on parchment paper-lined baking sheet.
- Repeat with remaining dough to make 16 cookies.
- Bake on center rack for about 15 minutes or until lightly golden. Remove from oven; let cool completely on baking sheet.
- Meanwhile, scoop Nutella(R) hazelnut spread into a small bowl set over small pan of boiling water; let stand for about 5 minutes or until softened. Dip half of each cookie into Nutella(R) hazelnut spread; let stand for about 20 minutes or until cool.
You might also like
- Cook's Note:
- You can substitute 2 teaspoons vanilla extract for the vanilla bean.
Per Serving: 177 calories; 10.8 18.1 2.1 15 46 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1