Gingerbread Men Cookies with Nutella® hazelnut spread
36 made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients2 h 10 m servings 123
Original recipe yields 20 servings (20 gingerbread men cookies)
- In a bowl, mix together butter, honey and brown sugar. Mix in egg yolk.
- In a separate bowl, mix together flour, baking soda, gingerbread spice mix and salt; add to butter mixture and knead for 1 minute. Cover with plastic wrap; and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 320 degrees F.
- On a sheet of parchment paper, roll out dough to 1/6-inch thickness. Using small gingerbread-man cookie cutter or other small shaped-item (such as a glass), cut out gingerbread men.
- Transfer gingerbread men to parchment paper-lined baking sheet; bake on center rack for 8 to 9 minutes or until slightly golden.
- Let cool on rack for 15 minutes.
- Spread 1 1/4 tsp Nutella(R) hazelnut spread on the back of one gingerbread man then sandwich with another gingerbread man.
- Repeat with remaining gingerbread men and Nutella(R) hazelnut spread. Mix together confectioners' sugar and lemon juice, adding juice to the sugar, a 1/2 tsp at a time, to make smooth paste. Transfer to piping bag and decorate cookies with icing.
You might also like
Per Serving: 123 calories; 5 18.2 1.5 16 60 Full nutrition