Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 39 m servings 270
Original recipe yields 10 servings (1 8-inch cake)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (375 degrees C). Lightly butter an 8-inch baking pan.
- Arrange enough apple wedges to form a single layer over the bottom and sides of the prepared pan.
- Heat a saucepan over medium heat. Add almonds; cook and stir until toasted, 4 to 5 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Beat 3 1/2 tablespoons butter, white sugar, and 1/4 cup brown sugar together in a bowl using an electric mixer until smooth. Add egg, applesauce, and honey; beat until smooth. Stir buttermilk, almond extract, and vanilla extract into the batter.
- Combine flour, baking soda, and 1/2 teaspoon salt in a bowl; stir mixture into the batter. Mix until well combined. Fold in 3/4 of the remaining apple wedges. Pour batter into the prepared pan. Top with 2 tablespoons toasted almonds.
- Bake the preheated oven for 35 minutes.
- Heat oats in a saucepan over medium heat; cook and stir until slightly toasted, about 5 minutes.
- Stir 3 tablespoons butter and 1/3 cup brown sugar together in a bowl until combined. Add remaining almond slices, oats, milk, and 1 pinch salt.
- Top the cake with remaining apple slices and oat mixture. Return to the oven and continue baking until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean, 10 to 15 minutes more. Let cool to room temperature, at least 25 minutes.
You might also like
Per Serving: 270 calories; 10.5 39.8 4.9 40 321 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1