Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h servings 281 cals
Original recipe yields 8 servings
- Bring chicken broth to a boil in a large saucepan. Add 2 tablespoons butter and salt; stir in brown rice. Cover pot. Reduce heat to low. Simmer until rice is tender, about 45 minutes.
- Melt the remaining 1 tablespoon butter in a separate saucepan over medium-high heat. Saute red bell pepper until semi-soft, about 5 minutes. Add onion; saute until soft and translucent, about 5 minutes. Stir in black beans, garlic, cumin, and pepper; cook and stir until fragrant, about 2 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Pour vegetables into a large serving bowl; add the cooked rice and toss.
- Cook's Notes:
- Vegetable broth can be substituted for the chicken broth.
- If desired, use olive oil in place of butter in the recipe.
Per Serving: 281 calories; 6.2 g fat; 48 g carbohydrates; 8 g protein; 15 mg cholesterol; 1117 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1