The Best Cheese Straws
made it | 0 reviews |
"Really easy and really tasty cheese straws. These go down a treat on their own or with a bowl of soup."
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 18 m servings 95
Original recipe yields 24 servings (24 cheese straws)
- Combine flour, butter, and cayenne pepper in a bowl and rub together with your fingers until the mixture resembles bread crumbs. Mix in Parmesan cheese. Add whole egg, egg yolk, and mustard and mix until dough comes together.
- Tip dough onto a lightly floured work surface and knead lightly for 30 seconds. Wrap dough in plastic wrap and chill for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease 2 baking sheets.
- Roll out dough with a floured rolling pin on a floured work surface into a 9x12-inch rectangle. Cut with a sharp knife or pizza cutter into 24 straws and carefully twist each straw twice. Lay the straws onto the prepared baking sheets. Beat egg white with a fork until frothy and brush over cheese straws. Sprinkle with sesame and poppy seeds.
- Bake in a preheated oven until golden, 18 to 20 minutes.
- Cook's Note:
- Instead of the self-rising flour, you can use 7 ounces all-purpose flour and 1 teaspoon baking powder.
Per Serving: 95 calories; 6.1 6.5 3.5 30 187 Full nutrition