Leek Gruyere Quiche
made it | 0 reviews |
"When I make this quiche for guests, I double the recipe and make one quiche as written and another one without the ham for vegetarians."
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 30 m servings 430 cals
Original recipe yields 8 servings (1 10-inch quiche)
- Combine flour, butter, 1 egg, and salt in a bowl. Knead together with your hands, adding as much water as needed, in small amounts, to create a smooth dough. Shape dough into a ball, flatten, and wrap in plastic wrap. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Grease a 10-inch springform pan.
- Heat olive oil in a skillet and cook leeks over medium heat until translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Remove dough from fridge. Dust a work surface with flour and roll out dough into a circle about 1 inch larger than the springform pan. Fold carefully in half, lift up, and unfold over the pan. Press over the bottom and 1 inch up the sides.
- Whisk 4 eggs and creme fraiche in a bowl. Stir in leeks, Gruyere cheese, Emmentaler cheese, and ham. Season with white pepper and nutmeg. Pour over the crust and spread evenly with the back of a spoon.
- Bake in the preheated oven until filling is set, about 30 minutes.
- Cook's Note:
- Use thin leek stalks if available - they taste better. If they are very thin, use 3 leeks.
Per Serving: 430 calories; 32 g fat; 22.6 g carbohydrates; 14.7 g protein; 204 mg cholesterol; 226 mg sodium. Full nutrition