Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 20 m servings 644
Original recipe yields 2 servings
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Place acorn squash halves cut-side down in a baking dish. Add a few tablespoons water and cover with aluminum foil.
- Bake in the preheated oven until squash is soft and can easily be pierced by a fork, about 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile toast cashews in a skillet over medium heat until fragrant, stirring often, 3 to 5 minutes. Remove from skillet and set aside until cool enough to handle. Chop cashews.
- Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium-low heat and cook onion until soft, about 10 minutes. Pour in balsamic vinegar and mix well. Add apple and cook for an additional 2 minutes. Remove from heat and cool slightly.
- Combine onion-apple mixture, rice, cranberries, and cashews in a bowl. Season filling with thyme, salt, and pepper and mix well.
- Remove squash from the oven and leave oven on. Distribute filling among the 4 squash halves. Sprinkle with panko and butter. Return to oven and bake until filling is hot and bread crumbs are slightly browned, 20 to 30 minutes.
You might also like
Per Serving: 644 calories; 23.1 111.4 10.4 15 360 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 2
I made this for Christmas dinner for a couple of guests that are vegetarians. They said it was the best squash recipe they ever tried. I followed the recipe exactly (except I microwave the she...