Irish Lamb Stew with Roasted Root Veg
made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 51 m servings 458
Original recipe yields 8 servings
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in large pot over medium-high heat. Coat lamb with flour and cook in the hot oil until the sides start turning golden, 1 to 2 minutes per side. Transfer to a plate.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in the same pot. Add leeks and cook until transparent and some slices are golden, about 5 minutes. Stir lamb back into the pot. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes. Stir in beef stock, tomatoes, gravy, and beer. Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer stew until vegetables are done roasting, 1 to 1 1/2 hours.
- Place potatoes, carrots, parsnips, turnip, and garlic in a large glass baking dish. Coat with 1/4 cup olive oil and balsamic vinegar. Season evenly with rosemary, salt, and pepper.
- Roast vegetables in the preheated oven, stirring every 20 to 30 minutes, until soft and starting to brown, 1 to 1/2 hours.
- Stir hot vegetables carefully into the lamb stew. Bring to a boil. Mix 1 cup liquid from the pot with 1/2 cup boiling water and gravy granules in a small bowl until smooth. Stir into the stew. Dissolve cornstarch in 2 tablespoons water and add into the stew. Stir until stew thickens, about 5 minutes.
Per Serving: 458 calories; 20.1 47.9 19.9 38 1990 Full nutrition