Bok Choy Salad with Chow Mein
made it | 0 reviews |
"This is a quick bok choy salad recipe I got from my mother. I made a few modifications to the dressing to fit my own taste, but it's been a hit with my husband, and our child and frequently asked for when they see bok choy in the store. This can be served as either an appetizer or a salad for any meal. Add green onions, if desired."
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients29 m servings 456
Original recipe yields 10 servings
- Heat canola oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add sesame seeds. Heat for 30 seconds; start stirring with a spatula and add chow mein noodles and almonds. Cook, stirring constantly, until seeds are dark brown, about 4 minutes. Remove from heat. Add honey; stir until crunch mixture sticks together. Pour into a bowl; cover with plastic wrap. Refrigerate until cool, about 10 minutes.
- Mix olive oil, sugar, vinegar, and soy sauce together in another bowl. Cover with plastic wrap; refrigerate dressing until cool.
- Place bok choy into a salad bowl.
- Place crunch mixture on a flat work surface. Break into smaller pieces using a meat tenderizer. Add to the bok choy; mix into the salad. Serve dressing on the side.
- Mix dressing well; serve alongside the salad.
- Cook's Note:
- You can use ponzu sauce in place of soy sauce, if desired.
- Editor's Note:
- Nutrition data for this recipe includes the full amount of dressing ingredients. The actual amount of dressing consumed will vary.
Per Serving: 456 calories; 33.9 32.5 7.6 0 463 Full nutrition