Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients15 m servings 88
Original recipe yields 50 servings (50 dates)
- Heat a small nonstick skillet on medium-high heat and add enough oil so a date can just float in it.
- Whisk milk, egg, and melted butter together in a large bowl. Combine all-purpose flour, baking powder, sugar, and salt in a second bowl. Whisk flour mixture into milk mixture to make a pancake batter.
- Test if oil is hot enough by adding a drop of batter to the oil: batter should rise to the top and bubble around the sides, browning within 5 to 10 seconds.
- Dip 3 to 4 dates in the pancake batter until evenly covered and carefully place into the hot oil. Wait a few seconds for them to start browning, turning occasionally so they fry evenly. Fry until golden brown, but not burnt, about 1 minute. Remove with a slotted spoon and drain on paper towels. Repeat with the remaining dates and batter.
You might also like
- Cook's Note:
- You can fry the dates in extra virgin olive oil, vegetable oil, or rapeseed oil.
- Editor's Note:
- We have determined the nutritional value of oil for frying based on a retention value of 10% after cooking. Amount will vary depending on cooking time and temperature, ingredient density, and specific type of oil used.
Per Serving: 88 calories; 5.3 10.2 0.9 6 45 Full nutrition