Baked Chicken and Waffles with Maple Gravy
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 7 m servings 351
Original recipe yields 8 servings
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F (230 degrees C).
- Place chicken breasts between 2 sheets of heavy plastic on a solid, level surface. Firmly pound with the smooth side of a meat mallet to an even thickness.
- Place panko and 1/3 cup flour into separate shallow bowls.
- Combine 1 egg, milk, and Dijon mustard in another shallow bowl. Dip each chicken breast into the mixture; coat in the panko mixture. Place breaded chicken breasts on a baking sheet.
- Bake in the preheated oven until no longer pink in the center and the juices run clear, 25 to 30 minutes. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read at least 165 degrees F (74 degrees C). Reduce oven temperature to 200 degrees F (95 degrees C).
- Combine 1 cup flour, whole wheat flour, baking soda, and salt in a bowl.
- Mix buttermilk, 1 egg, and 2 tablespoons butter together in another bowl. Whisk gently into the flour mixture. Beat together until batter is smooth.
- Preheat a waffle iron according to manufacturer's instructions. Add about 1/2 cup batter into the preheated waffle iron. Cook until waffle is golden brown and the iron stops steaming, about 5 minutes. Transfer waffle to a wire rack set over a baking sheet; place in the oven to keep warm. Repeat with the remaining batter.
- Heat 3 tablespoons butter in a heavy saucepan over medium heat. Add 3 tablespoons flour; cook, stirring constantly, until golden brown, 2 to 3 minutes. Whisk in chicken stock slowly. Increase heat to medium-high; bring gravy to a boil. Cook, stirring constantly, until thickened, about 10 minutes. Season with salt and pepper; stir in maple syrup. Reduce heat to low until ready to serve over the baked chicken and waffles.
Per Serving: 351 calories; 10.8 53.7 15 85 595 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1