Waffle-Stuffed Chicken Wings
made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 24 m servings 723 cals
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Combine waffle mix, water, and vegetable oil in a large bowl; stir until no lumps remain. Let stand until thickened, 4 to 5 minutes.
- Heat a Belgian waffle iron according to manufacturers' instructions. Grease with cooking spray. Pour 1/4 of the waffle batter into the iron; close and cook until golden brown, about 5 minutes. Repeat with remaining batter. Cool waffles on a wire rack.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Cut waffles into small pieces. Stuff pieces between the meat and skin of the chicken wings. Place chicken wings on a baking sheet.
- Bake in the preheated oven until wings are golden brown and crisp, 45 to 50 minutes. Let cool.
- Bring maple syrup to a simmer in a small saucepan over medium-low heat. Stir in cayenne pepper. Simmer until thickened to a glaze, about 10 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Combine cooled chicken wings and maple glaze in a large bowl; toss until coated.
Per Serving: 723 calories; 25.4 g fat; 111.6 g carbohydrates; 13.9 g protein; 24 mg cholesterol; 1110 mg sodium. Full nutrition