Mushroom and Sausage Rice Pilaf
made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 13 m servings 290 cals
Original recipe yields 6 servings
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Toast orzo pasta in an oven-proof skillet over medium heat until lightly browned, about 5 minutes. Transfer to a plate.
- Melt 2 tablespoons butter in the same skillet. Cook onion and garlic until onion is slightly translucent, about 5 minutes. Add mushrooms and cook until tender, about 5 more minutes. Mix with the orzo pasta.
- Cook white rice in the remaining 2 tablespoons butter until rice is lightly browned, about 5 minutes. Stir in sausage and cook for 3 minutes. Mix in cooked orzo pasta and mushroom mixture; add chicken broth and bring to a boil. Remove from heat and cover with an oven-proof lid.
- Bake in the preheated oven until liquid is absorbed, about 30 minutes. Mix well.
Per Serving: 290 calories; 10.6 g fat; 40.7 g carbohydrates; 7.5 g protein; 30 mg cholesterol; 857 mg sodium. Full nutrition