Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 18 m servings 225
Original recipe yields 8 servings
- Bring water, wild rice, and salt to a boil in a saucepan. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer until rice is tender, 30 to 45 minutes. Drain excess liquid, fluff rice with a fork, and cook uncovered 5 minutes more.
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Cook orzo in the boiling water, stirring occasionally until tender yet firm to the bite, 7 to 10 minutes. Drain.
- Melt 1 tablespoon butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add onions; cover and cook until translucent, about 5 minutes. Stir in remaining 2 tablespoons butter, peas, salt, and pepper. Cook and stir until combined, about 1 minute more.
- Pour rice and orzo into a serving dish. Stir in the pea mixture and green onions.
- Cook's Note:
- This recipe can be made ahead of time and reheated, covered, in the microwave.
Per Serving: 225 calories; 5 39.3 7.3 11 50 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 2
This was VERY good! Served it along with a hamburger stroganoff and we all loved it. I made it exactly as written - and there will be no need to experiment further. I'll make this again as is. A...