Cinnamon Roll Bread Pudding
made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients10 h 30 m servings 544
Original recipe yields 10 servings (1 2-quart baking dish)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Grease a baking sheet with cooking spray; place rolls on top, 2 inches apart. Reserve icing.
- Bake in the preheated oven until golden brown, 8 to 10 minutes. Cool on the baking sheet for 5 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack. Let stand, uncovered, until stale, 8 hours to overnight.
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F (150 degrees C). Grease a 2-quart baking dish with cooking spray.
- Cut stale cinnamon rolls into 1/2-inch cubes. Whisk heavy cream, brown sugar, 2/3 cup milk, egg yolks, vanilla extract, 3/4 teaspoon cinnamon, and salt in a large bowl. Toss in cinnamon roll cubes until evenly coated. Let stand, tossing occasionally, until cubes being to absorb cream mixture, about 30 minutes.
- Pour mixture into the prepared baking dish. Cover with aluminum foil.
- Bake in the preheated oven until almost set, about 45 minutes.
- Mix 2 tablespoons white sugar and 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon together in a small bowl. Rub in 1/4 cup butter with your fingers until topping is in pea-sized crumbs.
- Uncover baking dish and sprinkle topping on top. Continue baking, uncovered, until custard is set, 20 to 25 minutes. Increase oven temperature to 450 degrees F (230 degrees C). Bake until bread pudding forms a golden crust, about 2 minutes more.
- Warm reserved icing in a small microwave-safe bowl, about 15 seconds. Drizzle hot icing carefully over bread pudding. Cool on a wire rack, about 30 minutes.
- Melt 2 tablespoons butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Mix 1/2 cup sugar and cornstarch together; stir into the melted butter. Pour in milk and bourbon, stirring frequently until mixture begins to boil. Cook, stirring constantly, until thickened, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Spoon cooled bread pudding onto serving plates. Drizzle warm sauce on top.
- Editor's Note:
- The directions for making cinnamon rolls are based on the particular brand mentioned. Follow instructions on the package if using a different brand.
Per Serving: 544 calories; 32 56.8 5.5 190 346 Full nutrition