Michelle's Creamy Minestrone (Slow Cooker)
made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients5 h 25 m servings 387 cals
Original recipe yields 8 servings
- Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add pancetta, leek, and garlic; cook and stir until browned, about 5 minutes.
- Transfer pancetta and leek to a slow cooker; add chicken broth, kidney beans, potatoes, beef broth, tomatoes, carrots, green beans, corn, celery, parsley, black pepper, basil, and salt. Cook on Low until vegetables are tender, about 4 hours.
- Transfer about half the vegetables from the slow cooker to a blender using a slotted spoon. Cover blender and hold lid down with a potholder; pulse a few times before leaving on to blend. Pour vegetable puree back into the slow cooker. Stir in garbanzo beans, cream, pasta, and 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese. Cook soup on High until flavors blend and pasta is cooked, about 1 hour.
- Serve with remaining Parmesan cheese sprinkled on top.
- Cook's Notes:
- Instead of using fresh chopped vegetables, you may also substitute frozen or canned mixed vegetables.
- Use any small pasta of your choice.
Per Serving: 387 calories; 18.2 g fat; 41.1 g carbohydrates; 15.8 g protein; 57 mg cholesterol; 1228 mg sodium. Full nutrition