Easy Taco Mac and Cheese
made it | 0 reviews |
Sarah Jayne Jeffries
"This is a simple macaroni and cheese recipe with a taco twist. There are multiple ways to mix it up and leave out or use ingredients that you do or don't have. Would love feedback on ways you have mixed it up and what tasted best! Thank you for using. When serving, you can also top the dish with lettuce, tomato, onions, and sour cream."
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 1 m servings 380
Original recipe yields 10 servings (1 9x13-inch casserole)
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook and stir ground beef in the hot skillet until browned and crumbly, 5 to 7 minutes. Drain and discard grease. Add salsa, corn, and taco seasoning. Season meat sauce with salt and pepper.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Fill a large pot with lightly salted water and bring to a rolling boil. Stir in pasta and return to a boil. Cook pasta uncovered, stirring occasionally, until tender yet firm to the bite, 10 to 12 minutes. Drain.
- Combine the meat sauce, pasta, Colby-Jack cheese, and green onions in a 9x13-inch casserole dish. Sprinkle Cheddar cheese on top.
- Bake in the preheated oven until cheese is melted, about 25 minutes.
- Cook's Notes:
- You can use any cheeses you like in this recipe.
- Try adding black olives or green chiles.
Per Serving: 380 calories; 19.9 30.8 21.4 66 966 Full nutrition