Dairy-, Nut-, and Gluten-Free Green Bean Casserole
0 made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 17 m servings 239
Original recipe yields 10 servings (1 9x13-inch casserole)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in a large saucepan or Dutch oven over medium heat. Add 6 shallots, mushrooms, and garlic. Cook and stir until garlic and shallots are soft, about 5 minutes. Add white wine and salt. Let simmer until flavors start to meld, 2 to 4 minutes. Add chicken broth and coconut milk; stir to combine. Add green beans. Bring to a boil.
- Mix water and cornstarch together in a bowl; pour mixture into the saucepan. Cook and stir until thickened, 3 to 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Pour mixture into a 9x13-inch baking dish.
- Bake until mostly set, 35 to 40 minutes.
- Toss the remaining 6 shallots in a bowl with gluten-free flour to coat.
- Heat 1/4 cup olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add the coated shallots; cook and stir until golden, 4 to 5 minutes. Drain fried shallots on a paper towel. Sprinkle on top of the casserole.
- Set oven rack about 6 inches from the heat source and preheat the oven's broiler. Return casserole to the oven; broil until shallots are crispy, 3 to 5 minutes.
You might also like
- Cook's Notes:
- Frozen green beans can be substituted for the fresh ones.
- This dish can be made vegetarian by substituting vegetable broth for the chicken broth
Per Serving: 239 calories; 14.3 19.6 5.2 1 500 Full nutrition