Bolognese Meat Sauce in Instant Pot®
made it | 0 reviews |
"Traditional Italian meat sauce (ragu) prepared in an Instant Pot®. When cooking in an Instant Pot®, the amount of liquid is minimal, so there is no additional water or broth required for this recipe. The final consistency is thick enough to toss with pasta, not too runny. Cooks much faster than traditional stovetop version! Just toss with pasta and serve."
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 52 m servings 335
Original recipe yields 6 servings
- Turn on a multi-functional pressure cooker (such as Instant Pot(R)) and select Saute function. Add olive oil, onion, carrot, and celery. Cook and stir until vegetables start softening, about 5 minutes. Add ground beef and pork; cook until meat is no longer pink and juices evaporate, about 7 minutes. Pour in wine; cook until liquid evaporates, 10 to 15 minutes. Add passata, tomato paste, salt, and pepper.
- Close and lock the lid. Set Instant Pot(R) on Pressure Cook function; select high pressure according to manufacturer's instructions. Set timer for 1 hour. Allow 10 to 15 minutes for pressure to build.
- Release pressure carefully using the quick-release method according to manufacturer's instructions, about 5 minutes. Unlock and remove lid. Add milk; stir until absorbed into the sauce.
- Cook's Notes:
- Pork sausage can be substituted for the ground pork.
- You can use heavy cream in place of whole milk if desired.
Per Serving: 335 calories; 22.5 8.3 21 73 207 Full nutrition