Big Ray's Caramel-Apple Skillet Buckle
made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 48 m servings 465
Original recipe yields 12 servings (1 12-inch skillet)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Butter a 12-inch oven-proof skillet.
- Beat 1/2 cup butter and white sugar together in a large bowl using an electric mixer until light and fluffy. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla extract.
- Whisk 2 cups flour, baking powder, cinnamon, ginger, and salt together in a separate bowl. Add to the butter mixture alternately with 1 1/2 cups buttermilk, beating well after each addition. Pour batter into the prepared skillet.
- Mix brown sugar and 1/2 cup flour together in a small bowl. Cut in cold butter with 2 knives or a pastry blender until mixture is crumbly. Stir in pecans and oats; sprinkle over the batter in the skillet. Top with apples.
- Bake in the preheated oven until apples are golden brown, 60 to 70 minutes. Let cool in pan or a wire rack.
- Combine caramels and 1 tablespoon buttermilk in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave until caramels are melted, 30 seconds at a time, stirring after each melting, for 3 to 6 minutes total. Stir until smooth; drizzle over the cake. Let stand until set, about 20 minutes.
- Cook's Note:
- Use any sweet apple you prefer; 6 medium apples will amount to about 6 cups sliced.
Per Serving: 465 calories; 19.3 69.1 6.9 64 319 Full nutrition