Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 16 m servings 417 cals
Original recipe yields 4 servings (1 8-inch casserole)
- Melt butter in a saucepan over medium-low heat. Let simmer for 1 minute. Add flour, 1 tablespoon at a time, whisking constantly until completely incorporated, 5 to 8 minutes. Add 1 cup water slowly and whisking constantly to avoid clumping. Remove from heat.
- Whisk remaining 2/3 cup water together with cornstarch in a small bowl. Add slurry to the gravy; whisk to combine.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Stir the gravy briefly; season with salt and pepper. Add thyme and rosemary. Stir in Swiss cheese and Gruyere cheese. Add potatoes, scallions, and garlic; stir well until potato slices are separated and coated with gravy. Pour mixture into an 8-inch square baking dish.
- Bake in the preheated oven until potatoes are tender, 40 to 50 minutes.
- Cook's Notes:
- All-purpose flour can be substituted for the whole wheat if desired.
- Top with bread or cracker crumbs after the first 20 minutes of baking if you like.
- Baking time will mostly depend on how thinly you sliced your potatoes. To check doneness, stick one with a fork; if it pierces the potato with no resistance, it’s done. (I like my potatoes with a little bite, so I cook mine less.)
Per Serving: 417 calories; 24 g fat; 35.9 g carbohydrates; 15.9 g protein; 71 mg cholesterol; 241 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1