Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients2 h 5 m servings 399
Original recipe yields 8 servings (1 casserole)
- Preheat an oven to 450 degrees F (230 degrees C). Prick potatoes several times with a fork and place onto a baking sheet.
- Bake in the preheated oven until potatoes are soft, 50 minutes to 1 hour. Remove potatoes from oven and let cool until safe to handle, at least 15 minutes.
- Reduce oven temperature to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Spray a casserole dish or 9x13-inch pan with cooking spray.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook and stir sausage in the hot skillet until browned and crumbly, 5 to 7 minutes. Transfer sausage to a bowl. Saute onion in the same skillet until translucent, about 5 minutes. Transfer onion to the bowl with the cooked sausage.
- Mix eggs, half the Cheddar cheese, milk, salt, and pepper into the bowl with the sausage mixture.
- Grate potatoes and add to the bowl of sausage mixture. Pour mixture into the prepared dish; place remaining Cheddar cheese on top.
- Bake in the preheated oven until casserole is heated through and cheese is melted and bubbly, about 35 minutes.
You might also like
- Cook's Note:
- Turkey sausage can be substituted for the pork sausage.
Per Serving: 399 calories; 26.2 18 22.5 226 773 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 2
I made this breakfast casserole for dinner...along with grits, orange slices, and biscuits. Delicious casserole! The thing I like best about this recipe is that it uses real potatoes (which I us...