Ingredients1 h 20 m servings 363 cals
- Place potatoes into a large pot and cover with salted water; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer until tender, about 20 minutes. Drain and return to pot.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Grease a glass baking dish.
- Combine milk, cream cheese, 1/3 cup green onions, egg, butter, garlic, and salt in a bowl. Pour onto the prepared potatoes. Mash together until mixture is smooth. Spoon into the prepared baking dish. Sprinkle with Cheddar cheese and remaining green onions.
- Bake in the preheated oven until lightly browned, about 40 minutes.
- Cook's Notes:
- You can use plain or herbed cream cheese.
- Chives can be substituted for the green onions.
- To make ahead, cool, cover, and refrigerate for up to 24 hours; you will need to increase baking time to 55 minutes.
Per Serving: 363 calories; 17.1 g fat; 43.6 g carbohydrates; 10.5 g protein; 79 mg cholesterol; 386 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 5
This was excellent! The only change I recommend is waiting 10 minutes or so to add the green onions on top. As you can see from the picture, mine got a little too brown in the last 10 minutes. N...
I agree with Kel - nothing in here about mashing the actual potatoes in the pot and when they are added to the other ingredients. Sounds like a good recipe but it's missing a step or two!
Made this for Christmas dinner side dish instead of the traditional mashed potatoes. It was a hit with everyone that came.
I made this the day before serving it. I wanted mash potatoes but didn't want to be stuck in the kitchen when company was here! It was good, but not great. I prefer my potatoes a little creamie...