Ingredients53 m servings 302
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Coat both sides of chicken breasts with oregano and cayenne pepper and place on a baking sheet. Season with salt and pepper.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 15 minutes.
- Melt butter in a nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add mushrooms, onion, Worcestershire sauce, and red wine. Cook and stir until vegetables shrink down a bit, about 5 minutes. Season with salt and cracked black pepper. Reduce heat to medium-low to low; cook until tender, 10 to 15 minutes.
- Pour mushroom mixture on top of the chicken. Continue baking until chicken is no longer pink in the center and the juices run clear, about 8 minutes. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read at least 165 degrees F (74 degrees C).
- Sprinkle mozzarella cheese on top of the chicken and cook until cheese is bubbly, about 5 minutes more.
Per Serving: 302 calories; 13.6 8.8 35.2 100 519 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 4
Very tasty! This recipe is not hard but a bit of a hassle in my opinion. When I bake things in the oven I like to stick it in and be done with it until it is ready. This one has several steps so...
Very simple and very tasty. I followed the recipe to a tee. DH said this can be repeated.
Similar to my Mothers Smothered Chicken recipe, except we throw the raw onions and mushrooms, a mix of white and portabella or exotic blend into the dish with the raw chicken, you add chicken br...