Paleo Bacon and Asparagus Stuffed Chicken
made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 8 m servings 778 cals
Original recipe yields 4 servings (4 chicken breasts)
- Mix macadamia nuts, mayonnaise, lemon, sage, black pepper, and salt in a bowl until well combined.
- Preheat oven to 475 degrees F (245 degrees C). Grease a baking dish with oil.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat; add bacon and cook, turning occasionally, until crispy, about 10 minutes. Leave as much bacon fat in the pan as desired and drain bacon slices on paper towels.
- Place asparagus in the skillet and cook in the bacon fat until bright green and nearly tender, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Place 1 chicken breast in a resealable plastic bag on a cutting board. Pound chicken firmly with the smooth side of a meat mallet to a thickness of about 1/4 inch. Repeat with the rest of the chicken breasts.
- Place provolone cheese and 1 to 2 slices bacon on each chicken breast; divide asparagus spears equally over the breasts. Roll chicken around the bacon and asparagus; place, seams down, in the prepared baking pan. Coat with mayonnaise-nut mixture.
- Bake in the preheated oven until crumbs are browned and chicken juices run clear, about 25 minutes. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read at least 165 degrees F (74 degrees C).
- Cook's Note:
- Cheese is non-paleo, therefore optional.
Per Serving: 778 calories; 65.7 g fat; 9.3 g carbohydrates; 41.3 g protein; 112 mg cholesterol; 1075 mg sodium. Full nutrition