Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 25 m servings 372
Original recipe yields 10 servings (1 large casserole )
- Bring water and quinoa to a boil in a saucepan. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer until quinoa is tender, 15 to 20 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Saute green bell peppers and onion until softened, 5 to 7 minutes.
- Mix chicken breasts, black beans, tomatoes, cream of chicken soup, half the Cheddar cheese, sour cream, chili powder, and cayenne pepper together in a bowl.
- Place 1/2 the tortillas in the bottom of a baking pan. Spoon half the chicken mixture on top. Add the remaining tortillas and top with remaining chicken mixture. Sprinkle remaining Cheddar cheese on top.
- Bake in the preheated oven until set, about 45 minutes.
- Cook's Notes:
- Use any color bell pepper you prefer.
- Pinto beans can be used in place of black beans if desired.
- Cook quinoa in 2 cups chicken broth if desired.
- You can replace the Cheddar cheese with any preferred cheese.
Per Serving: 372 calories; 16.5 34.9 21.4 52 604 Full nutrition