Scrumptious Carrot Cupcakes
0 made it | 0 reviews |
"My daughter and I developed this recipe because we couldn't find one we liked. We prefer straight carrot cake, ie no raisins, nuts, or other add-ins other than shredded carrots. This was developed at 6,000 feet altitude; see notes for possible baking adjustments at a lower altitude."
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 12 m servings 227
Original recipe yields 30 servings (30 cupcakes)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Line muffin tins with paper liners and spray liners with vegetable oil spray to prevent cupcakes from sticking to liners.
- Combine flour, cinnamon, salt, baking soda, baking powder, allspice, and ginger in the bowl of a food processor; mix to incorporate ingredients, 5 to 10 seconds. Transfer to a bowl and toss in shredded carrots.
- Use the food processor to combine white sugar, brown sugar, eggs, buttermilk, and vanilla extract with a paddle attachment. Drizzle in the vegetable oil while the food processor is still running. Add to flour mixture and mix just until combined.
- Scoop batter into the prepared muffin tins to fill the cups 2/3 full.
- Bake in the preheated oven until tops spring back when lightly pressed, 17 to 20 minutes. Cool in the pan for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool, about 20 minutes.
- Beat cream cheese and butter together with the paddle attachment of a stand mixer on medium speed. Stir in vanilla extract. Add confectioners' sugar gradually on low speed; turn to high speed and mix until smooth and creamy.
- Spread frosting over cooled cupcakes.
You might also like
- Cook's Notes:
- This cupcake recipe was developed at high altitude (6,000 feet). At a lower altitude you may need to try adding only 2 cups flour in the beginning to ensure your batter is not too thick and cupcakes are not too dry and dense. If batter is too loose and wet with 2 cups flour, add flour 1/4 cup at a time and incorporate to thicken. Test bake 1 cupcake to determine correct amount of flour for your altitude. If the cupcake sinks in the middle, add 1/4 cup more flour to the batter. At a lower altitude, cooking time may be longer than 20 minutes.
- When incorporating confectioners' sugar to creamed butter and cream cheese, place a kitchen towel over the stand mixer before turning mixer on to prevent sugar dust from blowing all over. Once incorporated, you can remove the towel.
- In place of vegetable oil, you may use any oil of your choice, such as canola or coconut oil.
- If you like a lot of frosting on your cupcakes, double the frosting recipe.
Per Serving: 227 calories; 10 32.6 2.6 35 216 Full nutrition