Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients3 h 30 m servings 369 cals
Original recipe yields 4 servings (4 chicken thighs)
- Place chicken thighs in a resealable plastic bag; cover with pickle juice. Seal and refrigerate for 3 hours.
- Drain pickle juice from thighs. Cover chicken; refrigerate until ready to fry.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Heat 2 inches oil in a Dutch oven over medium-high heat to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Pour buttermilk and flour into 2 separate bowls. Season flour with salt and pepper. Dredge chicken in buttermilk. Toss in flour. Return to buttermilk and toss in flour a second time. Place chicken on a rack set over a baking sheet.
- Fill Dutch oven with as many thighs as possible without crowding. Cook at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) until golden brown, 5 to 7 minutes per side. Place thighs on the baking sheet. Repeat until all pieces are fried. Transfer thighs to the oven.
- Bake in the preheated oven until no longer pink in the center and the juices run clear, 5 to 8 minutes. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read at least 165 degrees F (74 degrees C). Season with a pinch of salt.
- Editor's Notes:
- Nutrition data for this recipe includes the full amount of dill pickle juice, buttermilk, and flour. The actual amount consumed will vary.
- We have determined the nutritional value of oil for frying based on a retention value of 10% after cooking. Amount will vary depending on cooking time and temperature, ingredient density, and specific type of oil used.
Per Serving: 369 calories; 16.7 g fat; 35 g carbohydrates; 18.9 g protein; 61 mg cholesterol; 3053 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1