Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 35 m servings 533 cals
Original recipe yields 10 servings (1 9x13-inch pie)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Line a 9x13-inch casserole dish with 1 pie crust and cover with aluminum foil.
- Bake crust in the preheated oven until golden, about 20 minutes.
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat; add celery, leeks, peas, carrots, potatoes, and onion. Cook and stir until onions are translucent and potatoes are tender, about 15 minutes. Add chicken and mix thoroughly.
- Combine 1 cup of milk and flour in a cup. Mix well and add it to the vegetable-chicken mixture. Cook and stir, adding more flour if necessary to thicken gravy, about 5 minutes. Add remaining 1 cup milk; cook and stir until filling is thickened, about 5 minutes more. Season with black pepper, white pepper, and salt.
- Pour filling into the baked crust. Roll out the remaining crust to the shape of the casserole dish and gently place it on top of the filling.
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F (230 degrees C).
- Bake in the preheated oven, checking every 10 minutes, until crust is light golden brown, about 30 minutes.
Per Serving: 533 calories; 32.5 g fat; 31.9 g carbohydrates; 27.4 g protein; 92 mg cholesterol; 551 mg sodium. Full nutrition