Spicy-Sweet Buffalo Popcorn
0 made it | 0 reviews |
"If Buffalo wings and kettle corn married, this would be their baby! This popcorn is sweet, salty, and spicy all at the same time! It's a winner for football parties. If you like blue cheese, try sprinkling a few blue cheese crumbles over your serving of popcorn. I put a small bowl of blue cheese crumbles next to the popcorn bowl so people can add some if they wish."
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients56 m servings 210
Original recipe yields 8 servings (8 cups)
- Spray a large bowl with cooking spray. Fill with popcorn.
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F (150 degrees C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone pad.
- Combine sugar and water in a saucepan and bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Cook, without stirring and swirling pan gently as needed, until sugar has melted and the caramel is a deep amber color, 8 to 12 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Stir Buffalo sauce and butter carefully into the caramel; it will spit and bubble and may form a ball. Return to heat; bring to a boil, stirring until caramel is dissolved, about 3 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in the baking soda and cayenne pepper.
- Pour spicy caramel mixture carefully over the popcorn. Toss to completely coat, guarding your hands from the hot caramel. Spread the coated popcorn onto the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake in the preheated oven until dry, 15 to 20 minutes. Let cool for 10 minutes; stir.
- Cook's Note:
- You can also pop about 1/2 cup of unpopped popcorn to yield 8 cups.
Per Serving: 210 calories; 9.5 31.7 1.2 11 503 Full nutrition