LEGO® Sheet Cake
2 made it | 0 reviews |
"Since my son loves LEGOS®, I made him this LEGO® cake for his birthday and all the kids loved it. I cut them into rectangles, but you could make smaller pieces and use 4 or 6 M&M's®."
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients2 h 30 m servings 476
Original recipe yields 16 servings (16 pieces)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Combine eggs, sugar, and vanilla sugar in a bowl and beat with an electric blender until foamy. Add oil and orange soda and stir to combine.
- Sift flour and baking powder together and slowly stir into batter until well combined. Spread batter on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean, about 30 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to cool completely, about 1 hour.
- Sort chocolate-covered candy by the colors in your food color assortment, such as yellow, green, orange, blue, and red.
- Cut cooled cake into evenly sized rectangles, about 1.5 x 3 inches in size, like oversized LEGO(R) pieces. Gauge the size in relationship to the chocolate-covered candy pieces; 8 pieces should fit onto each to resemble a large LEGO(R) piece.
- Mix about 1/2 cup confectioners sugar with enough lemon juice in a bowl to make a thick icing. Color with a couple drops of food coloring so icing turns a deep color. Brush icing onto 2 or 3 cake pieces and arrange 8 chocolate-covered candy pieces with the matching color on top. Allow to set.
- Continue with the next color and the next set of chocolate-covered candy pieces in the same color until all cake pieces are decorated. Allow to set.
You might also like
Per Serving: 476 calories; 17 78.1 4.2 43 127 Full nutrition