Moist German Sheet Pan Apple Cake
made it | 0 reviews |
"This apple sheet cake has 3 layers - a pastry layer, an applesauce layer, and a streusel layer, so you need a deep sheet pan. It is to die for."
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 25 m servings 243
Original recipe yields 24 servings
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Combine 3/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar, 1/4 cup butter, and 2 teaspoons vanilla sugar in a large bowl; beat with an electric mixer until smooth and creamy. Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in lemon zest with the last egg.
- Combine 2 3/4 cups flour and baking powder. Sift over butter mixture and quickly beat into batter with the electric mixer running on low speed.
- Combine apple slices, lemon juice, and cinnamon sugar in a bowl and fold into batter. Spread batter onto the prepared baking sheet. Spoon applesauce onto batter and spread out evenly.
- Combine 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons flour, 1/2 cup cubed butter, 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar, almond meal, and 2 teaspoons vanilla sugar in a bowl and mix into streusel. Sprinkle streusel over applesauce.
- Bake in the preheated oven until streusel is lightly browned and cake is set, about 40 minutes.
Per Serving: 243 calories; 7.9 39.1 5.5 54 78 Full nutrition
How can I make my cakes moist?
Why do my cakes fall?
My cakes do not rise evenly – they are tall in the middle, and slope down to the sides. What am I doing wrong?
Ask Your Question