Spinach Rolls with Puff Pastry
"A vegetarian version of mini sausage rolls but made with a spinach and feta filling. I used frozen spinach because it was a better buy than fresh at the time but the equivalent amount of fresh spinach, chopped and wilted, would do the job."
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients45 m servings 133 cals
Original recipe yields 36 servings (36 spinach rolls)
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium heat and cook garlic until fragrant, 1 to 2 minutes. Stir in spinach and cook until warmed through, 3 to 5 minutes; season with salt and mix well. Transfer to a bowl and mix in feta cheese.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Grease 2 baking sheets.
- Lay 1 sheet of puff pastry on a lightly floured surface and cut in half lengthwise. Roll 1 half out with a rolling pin so it is wide enough to fold twice lengthwise. Mix egg and milk together in a small bowl.
- Spread 1/6 of the spinach mixture lengthwise in the center of the puff pastry. Roll one side over the filling and brush the other side with egg-milk mixture. Roll over again to seal.
- Brush top of roll with egg-milk mixture and sprinkle with sesame seeds. Cut roll into 6 small rolls. Repeat with the remaining puff pastry. Place cut rolls onto the prepared baking sheets.
- Bake in the preheated oven until spinach rolls are puffed up and golden, 20 to 25 minutes.
Per Serving: 133 calories; 9.5 g fat; 9.7 g carbohydrates; 2.5 g protein; 7 mg cholesterol; 97 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 3