Oatmeal Fudge Bars
Ingredients1 h 37 m servings 348
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Combine 1 cup butter, brown sugar, white sugar, and eggs in a large bowl; mix until smooth.
- Mix flour, baking soda, and oats together in another bowl. Add to the butter mixture slowly; mix using an electric mixer until combined.
- Spread 3/4 the oat mixture into an ungreased 9x13-inch baking pan using a spatula. Press lightly into the bottom of the pan to make the surface even.
- Combine chocolate chips, sweetened condensed milk, 1/3 cup butter, and vanilla extract in a saucepan over medium-low heat. Stir until melted and smooth, about 2 minutes. Pour fudge over the oatmeal base and spread evenly.
- Drop tablespoons of remaining oatmeal mixture over the fudge. Press oatmeal down lightly to flatten and swirl into the fudge.
- Bake in the preheated oven until the top is lightly browned, 25 to 30 minutes; the chocolate should still be moist. Cool completely on a wire rack, about 45 minutes. Cut into squares.
- Cook's Notes:
- Quick-cooking oats work well in this recipe.
- You can use mini chocolate kisses in place of the chocolate chips.
Per Serving: 348 calories; 16.7 48 4.6 47 152 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 3
Super easy... made to take to church. I line the pan with foil to lift the whole thing out to cut into bars... made it a little easier to get nice clean cuts
OMG! My husband said this was dope, it was so decadent and delicious. Like one of the other reviewers, I used dark brown sugar and it was fine. I also liked the suggestion to line the pan wit...