Better-Than-Coffeeshop Pumpkin Scones
Ingredients2 h 10 m servings 489 cals
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Combine flour, 3/4 cup plus 3 tablespoons white sugar, baking powder, salt, 1 teaspoon cinnamon, 1 teaspoon nutmeg, 1/2 teaspoon cloves, and 1/2 teaspoon ginger in a food processor. Add butter 1 tablespoonful at a time; mix until dough is crumbly.
- Whisk pumpkin, eggs, and 6 tablespoons milk together in a bowl. Fold pumpkin mixture into dough in the food processor; blend until a dough forms.
- Shape dough into a ball and pat out on a lightly floured surface. Split the dough in half repeatedly to make 12 equal portions. Shape portions into pie-shaped pieces by hand, about 3/4-inch thick each. Place scones onto the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake in the preheated oven until light brown, about 15 minutes. Cool on the baking sheet for 5 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack and let cool completely, about 20 minutes.
- Combine confectioners' sugar, 1/4 cup milk, 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon, 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg, 1 pinch cloves, and 1 pinch ginger in a bowl. Mix until smooth. Drizzle icing over scones in a zigzag pattern. Let dry before serving, about 1 hour.
Per Serving: 489 calories; 13.2 g fat; 88.2 g carbohydrates; 6.2 g protein; 63 mg cholesterol; 587 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 4
We thought the amount of frosting was too much and it needed flavor. We added vanilla and salt to help the taste. The scones needed more pumpkin flavor. Next time we will add Moore pumpkin and m...
I made it, not impressed... needs more pumpkin than the recipe requires, bland and the texture not what I expect in a scone (?) had to try it though. I doctored it up with pumpkin puree in the...