Perfect Pot Stickers
Ingredients1 h servings 438
- Place ground pork, green onions, garlic, ginger, 2 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon soy sauce, sesame oil, and cayenne in a mixing bowl. Top with chopped green cabbage. Mix with fork until thoroughly combined. Tamp down lightly; cover with plastic. Refrigerate until chilled, about an hour.
- Place flour and kosher salt in a mixing bowl. Slowly pour in hot water. Stir with a wooden spoon until mixture forms a shaggy dough. Flour your hands and transfer dough to a work surface. Knead dough until it becomes smooth and elastic. If dough seems too sticky, sprinkle with a bit more flour, about 3 to 5 minutes. Wrap dough ball in plastic, and let it rest about 30 minutes.
- When dough has rested, divide into 4 equal pieces. Cover 3 pieces with a dish cloth while you work the first piece. Roll into a small log about the thickness of a thumb, about 3/4 inch. Divide each log into 6 equal pieces. Roll each piece into a thin 3 1/2-inch circle on a lightly floured surface to form the pot sticker wrappers. Repeat with the remaining dough pieces.
- Lightly moisten the edges of a wrapper with your wet finger. Place a small scoop of the ground pork mixture onto the center of a wrapper. Fold up the 2 sides and pinch together in the center. Pinch together the remaining edges, forming "pleats" along one side. Tap the pot sticker on the work surface to slightly flatten the bottom; form a slight curve in it so it stands upright in the pan. Transfer to a well-floured plate. Repeat with remaining dough and filling.
- Mix together seasoned rice vinegar and soy sauce in a small mixing bowl for the dipping sauce.
- Heat oil in skillet over medium-high heat. Place about 6 or 7 pot stickers in the hot oil, flat side down. Cook until bottoms are golden brown, about 2 minutes. Drizzle in water and quickly cover the pan; steam for 3 minutes. Uncover; reduce heat to medium. Continue cooking until water evaporates and bottoms are browned and crunchy, 1 or 2 minutes. Transfer to a warm serving dish. Repeat with remaining pot stickers. Serve with dipping sauce.
- Chef's Note:
- Optional: You can spike dipping sauce with things like hot sauce, garlic, minced green onions, ginger, etc.
Per Serving: 438 calories; 18.8 46.2 19.8 54 1453 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 16
Made dough exact to recipe. Dough came out really nice. Only addition I made was one egg to filling mixture after watching a lot of other videos. Filling was very tasty. I used a little less g...
A truly delicious recipe! Personally, I would add less sesame oil next time but that's my taste preference. Be patient making your wrappers because it is time consuming if you're a novice like m...
This recipe is the bomb. We like our pot stickers crispy so we deep fried them. For the ginger because three tablespoons is a lot I peeled it and tossed it in my mini food processor. Delish!!
Turned out great (and with the added satisfaction of making at home)! I read the "very finely minced fresh ginger" to mean the smallest I could possibly cut it - which took way too long and end...
So delicious! I followed the recipe exactly, with one small change --- I cooked the ground pork first, on low heat until it was cooked but not browned. Then I added all the other filling ingre...
OMG delicious!!! I followed the recipe all the way, cut ingredients by half since it was just me & my boyfriend. It was a little time consuming but well worth it. Guy in video is correct, the do...
Made it with ground chicken instead of pork and it turned out really well! Great recipe that I will definitely make again in the future!