Perfect Pot Stickers
Ingredients1 h servings 438 cals
- Place ground pork, green onions, garlic, ginger, 2 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon soy sauce, sesame oil, and cayenne in a mixing bowl. Top with chopped green cabbage. Mix with fork until thoroughly combined. Tamp down lightly; cover with plastic. Refrigerate until chilled, about an hour.
- Place flour and kosher salt in a mixing bowl. Slowly pour in hot water. Stir with a wooden spoon until mixture forms a shaggy dough. Flour your hands and transfer dough to a work surface. Knead dough until it becomes smooth and elastic. If dough seems too sticky, sprinkle with a bit more flour, about 3 to 5 minutes. Wrap dough ball in plastic, and let it rest about 30 minutes.
- When dough has rested, divide into 4 equal pieces. Cover 3 pieces with a dish cloth while you work the first piece. Roll into a small log about the thickness of a thumb, about 3/4 inch. Divide each log into 6 equal pieces. Roll each piece into a thin 3 1/2-inch circle on a lightly floured surface to form the pot sticker wrappers. Repeat with the remaining dough pieces.
- Lightly moisten the edges of a wrapper with your wet finger. Place a small scoop of the ground pork mixture onto the center of a wrapper. Fold up the 2 sides and pinch together in the center. Pinch together the remaining edges, forming "pleats" along one side. Tap the pot sticker on the work surface to slightly flatten the bottom; form a slight curve in it so it stands upright in the pan. Transfer to a well-floured plate. Repeat with remaining dough and filling.
- Mix together seasoned rice vinegar and soy sauce in a small mixing bowl for the dipping sauce.
- Heat oil in skillet over medium-high heat. Place about 6 or 7 pot stickers in the hot oil, flat side down. Cook until bottoms are golden brown, about 2 minutes. Drizzle in water and quickly cover the pan; steam for 3 minutes. Uncover; reduce heat to medium. Continue cooking until water evaporates and bottoms are browned and crunchy, 1 or 2 minutes. Transfer to a warm serving dish. Repeat with remaining pot stickers. Serve with dipping sauce.
- Chef's Note:
- Optional: You can spike dipping sauce with things like hot sauce, garlic, minced green onions, ginger, etc.
Per Serving: 438 calories; 18.8 g fat; 46.2 g carbohydrates; 19.8 g protein; 54 mg cholesterol; 1453 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 12
Made dough exact to recipe. Dough came out really nice. Only addition I made was one egg to filling mixture after watching a lot of other videos. Filling was very tasty. I used a little less g...
A truly delicious recipe! Personally, I would add less sesame oil next time but that's my taste preference. Be patient making your wrappers because it is time consuming if you're a novice like m...
This recipe is the bomb. We like our pot stickers crispy so we deep fried them. For the ginger because three tablespoons is a lot I peeled it and tossed it in my mini food processor. Delish!!
Turned out great (and with the added satisfaction of making at home)! I read the "very finely minced fresh ginger" to mean the smallest I could possibly cut it - which took way too long and end...
So delicious! I followed the recipe exactly, with one small change --- I cooked the ground pork first, on low heat until it was cooked but not browned. Then I added all the other filling ingre...
OMG delicious!!! I followed the recipe all the way, cut ingredients by half since it was just me & my boyfriend. It was a little time consuming but well worth it. Guy in video is correct, the do...
Amazing and easy had the kids working it with me. loved them. woohoo good.