Marcel's Spicy Slow Cooker Chicken Thighs
made it | 0 reviews |
"Named after a friend of mine who taught me how to make this Caribbean-based, slow-cooked dish many, many years ago! Easy to prepare and can be served with long-grain boiled rice or we now always have it with baked potatoes for a really filling, warming meal. Use the hot pepper sauce in moderation if you don't like it too spicy!"
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients6 h 26 m servings 251 cals
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Combine tomatoes, onions, green bell pepper, red bell pepper, yellow bell pepper, and mushrooms in the slow cooker.
- Brush chicken thighs with 2 teaspoons hot pepper sauce. Heat oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Cook chicken thighs until lightly browned, 3 to 5 minutes per side.
- Transfer chicken thighs to the slow cooker. Add 2 teaspoons hot pepper sauce and salsa. Pour in chicken broth and stir to combine.
- Cook on Low until chicken thighs are tender, about 6 hours.
- Cook's Note:
- If you don't like your chicken too spicy, omit brushing the chicken thighs with hot pepper sauce in step 2 and use less or no hot pepper sauce for cooking.
Per Serving: 251 calories; 8.1 g fat; 23.6 g carbohydrates; 23 g protein; 65 mg cholesterol; 1126 mg sodium. Full nutrition