Ingredients1 d 2 h 15 m servings 287
- Combine parsley, 2 1/2 tablespoons olive oil, oregano, vinegar, garlic, salt, red pepper flakes, and black pepper in a bowl; mix the chimichurri thoroughly.
- Place chicken on a cutting board and remove the backbone using kitchen shears. Press down on the breast with the heel of your hand to flatten. Loosen the skin of the chicken carefully and rub the chimichurri underneath, distributing it evenly. Wrap the chicken in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 24 hours.
- Allow chicken to come to room temperature for no more than 1 hour before baking.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F (230 degrees C).
- Rub 1 teaspoon olive oil over the chicken; season with salt and pepper. Place onion in a cast-iron skillet. Pour chicken broth over onion. Place seasoned chicken on top.
- Bake in the preheated oven until no longer pink at the bone and the juices run clear, about 45 minutes. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the meat, near the bone, should read 165 degrees F (74 degrees C). Allow chicken to rest in a warm area for 10 minutes before slicing.
- Cook's Note:
- If desired, you can drain the oil and puree what's left in the skillet using a stick blender to make a gravy.
Per Serving: 287 calories; 15 3.6 32.5 96 294 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 8
This is a good recipe and would not change a thing. I would like to offer a cooking option. Since the recipe calls for a 3 lbs bird it will be very young about 6 1/2 weeks old. There is a goo...
Delicious chicken dish., very moist and flavorful.Followed the recipe, except I used chicken breasts. It is what I had on hand, worked wonderfully.The aroma in my kitchen, well I couldn’t wait t...
I've got parsley coming out of my ears right now, and my husband was SO happy that I put some of it to use with this recipe! This was very tasty, and made for a delicious weeknight dinner. I ser...
This was fantastic. I am obsessed with chimichurri and this recipe did not disappoint. I made no changes and will definitely make this again.
This was the first time I made chimichurri, we really enjoyed it. I used bone in chicken thighs and I barbequed the chicken after marinating overnight. The chicken was tender and flavourful. I w...
Pretty good spatchcock chicken recipe. Will be doing this on charcoal and indirect method next time. Thanks for posting!