Spicy Pressure Cooker Short Ribs
"Cooking ribs in the pressure cooker is an easy and fast way to put food on your plate. The heat from this dish is countered very nicely with the sweetness. If you like spicy food, then you will love this recipe! If you aren't too tolerant of spicy foods, I included a slight variation in the notes. Enjoy!"
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients2 h 8 m servings 591
Original recipe yields 4 servings (2 pounds ribs)
- Combine habanero pepper, black pepper, MSG, paprika, and cumin in a bowl. Rub mixture evenly over ribs; refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- Combine cola, apple cider, jam, Worcestershire sauce, and brown sugar together in another bowl; stir well.
- Heat oil in a pressure cooker over medium-high heat. Add ribs in batches; cook until browned all all sides, about 8 minutes. Remove from pot and set aside. Add onions and garlic to the pot. Cook and stir until onions are translucent, about 5 minutes. Return ribs to the pot; pour in cola mixture.
- Close pot securely and place pressure regulator over vent according to manufacturer's instructions. Bring to high pressure, with rapid steam escaping the cooker, about 5 minutes. Reduce heat to medium and cook for 30 minutes. Let pressure release naturally according to manufacturer's instructions, about 15 minutes.
- Combine water and cornstarch together in a small bowl; mix until cornstarch is dissolved.
- Open pot carefully; transfer ribs to a plate. Skim any extra fat off the top of the liquid; drain to remove any solid bits. Return liquid to the pot. Mix in the cornstarch slurry. Cook, stirring constantly, over medium-high heat, until boiling. Remove from heat. Add ribs back in and coat in the liquid.
- Cook's Notes:
- Salt can be substituted for the MSG.
- If you don't handle spice very well, feel free to cut back the paprika to 1/2 teaspoon and to omit the habanero. You will still want a little bit of heat while cooking to counter the sweetness from the jam and soda, but cutting it back a bit will still help the flavors come together.
Per Serving: 591 calories; 44.1 25.1 22 93 224 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1