Spicy Pressure Cooker Short Ribs
Ingredients2 h 8 m servings 591
- Combine habanero pepper, black pepper, MSG, paprika, and cumin in a bowl. Rub mixture evenly over ribs; refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- Combine cola, apple cider, jam, Worcestershire sauce, and brown sugar together in another bowl; stir well.
- Heat oil in a pressure cooker over medium-high heat. Add ribs in batches; cook until browned all all sides, about 8 minutes. Remove from pot and set aside. Add onions and garlic to the pot. Cook and stir until onions are translucent, about 5 minutes. Return ribs to the pot; pour in cola mixture.
- Close pot securely and place pressure regulator over vent according to manufacturer's instructions. Bring to high pressure, with rapid steam escaping the cooker, about 5 minutes. Reduce heat to medium and cook for 30 minutes. Let pressure release naturally according to manufacturer's instructions, about 15 minutes.
- Combine water and cornstarch together in a small bowl; mix until cornstarch is dissolved.
- Open pot carefully; transfer ribs to a plate. Skim any extra fat off the top of the liquid; drain to remove any solid bits. Return liquid to the pot. Mix in the cornstarch slurry. Cook, stirring constantly, over medium-high heat, until boiling. Remove from heat. Add ribs back in and coat in the liquid.
- Cook's Notes:
- Salt can be substituted for the MSG.
- If you don't handle spice very well, feel free to cut back the paprika to 1/2 teaspoon and to omit the habanero. You will still want a little bit of heat while cooking to counter the sweetness from the jam and soda, but cutting it back a bit will still help the flavors come together.
Per Serving: 591 calories; 44.1 25.1 22 93 224 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 4
This turned out so fabulous. I have a large Instant Pot so I doubled the recipe. I did not add the Habenero Pepper (small children ) I followed the directions & pressure cooked 30 mins. It was f...
this was my first try at these and they were fantastic. Cooked for 45 minutes fell of the bone so tender cut with a fork & sweet
I will definitely make again. Easy to put together and so delicious.