Super Crispy Popcorn Shrimps
0 made it | 0 reviews |
"We usually get popcorn chicken in the restaurants and markets, why not switch chicken to shrimps and make these irresistibly crispy and tasty popcorn shrimps. Using the same recipe but making it more nutritious and tasty. Serve with any sauce or dip. Try serving with stir fried vegetables, also."
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients43 m servings 453
Original recipe yields 20 servings
- Combine soy sauce, vinegar, lemon juice, ginger-garlic paste, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon black pepper in a bowl. Add shrimp. Cover with plastic wrap and marinate in the refrigerator for 20 to 30 minutes.
- Mix flour, water egg, baking powder, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon black pepper in a bowl until batter resembles a thick paste. Place cornstarch in a bowl.
- Heat 1 1/2 to 2 inches of oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Drain shrimp and discard marinade. Dip shrimp into cornstarch and then into batter. Fry in the hot oil until crispy, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Editor's Notes:
- Nutrition data for this recipe includes the full amount of breading ingredients. The actual amount of breading consumed will vary.
- We have determined the nutritional value of oil for frying based on a retention value of 10% after cooking. Amount will vary depending on cooking time and temperature, ingredient density, and specific type of oil used.
Per Serving: 453 calories; 46.5 5.4 4.5 41 263 Full nutrition