Najla's Ghee Cake
made it | 0 reviews |
"I like recipes that meet 3 main requirements: 1) no waiting time for butter to thaw and quick to whip up using oil, 2) doesn't require electric mixer and a hand whisk will do, and 3) would be great if it didn't need fancy ingredients as well. My schoolmate Najla, a self-employed baker in Calicut, who has turned out hundreds of cakes by now, graciously shared with me this easy recipe. Please adjust the baking time as per your pan size."
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients55 m servings 328
Original recipe yields 12 servings (2 8-inch cakes)
- Preheat oven to 355 degrees F (180 degrees C). Grease two 8-inch cake pans.
- Beat sugar and 3/4 cup plus 3 1/2 tablespoons ghee together in a large bowl with an electric mixer. Add flour; mix until incorporated.
- Whisk eggs and vanilla extract together in a separate bowl; add to the flour mixture and mix well. Add milk and baking powder; stir. Mix in lemon juice.
- Pour batter into the prepared pans.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, about 45 minutes.
Per Serving: 328 calories; 18.4 37.2 4.4 105 66 Full nutrition
How can I make my cakes moist?
Why do my cakes fall?
My cakes do not rise evenly – they are tall in the middle, and slope down to the sides. What am I doing wrong?
Ask Your Question