Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients40 m servings 495
Original recipe yields 12 servings (12 big muffins)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 12-cup muffin tin with ghee.
- Separate the seeds from the stringy pumpkin guts. Place guts into a blender or food processor; pulse until pureed.
- Mix brown sugar and butter together in a bowl until combined. Add pumpkin puree and eggs; whisk until well blended.
- Sift 3 cups flour, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt together in a bowl. Add flour mixture to pumpkin mixture and stir until absorbed. Add as much of the remaining 1 cup flour as needed to create a batter that is moist but thick enough to stand a spoon in. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Divide batter evenly between the 12 muffin cups.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick poked into the center comes out clean, 20 to 25 minutes.
You might also like
- Cook's Notes:
- By pumpkin guts, I literally mean the stringy, gooey stuff that normally gets thrown away. I process mine using my older Ninja blender. I find that about 4 cups of guts will process down to about 2 cups.
- A great variation is to use 1 cup chopped walnuts plus 1 cup fresh or frozen cranberries instead of the 2 cups chocolate chips.
Per Serving: 495 calories; 19.1 78.7 7.3 70 425 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1