Ingredients40 m servings 495
- Preheat an outdoor grill for high heat (400 degrees F -200 degrees C) and lightly oil the grate.
- Lightly spray or brush poblano peppers with olive oil. Cook peppers on the preheated grill, turning every couple minutes, until charred and softened, 5 to 8 minutes.
- Remove peppers from the grill and place in a large resealable plastic bag to steam, about 15 minutes. Peel off the charred skins. Discard seeds and chop peppers.
- Melt butter in a saucepan over medium-high heat. Add flour and cook, stirring, about 1 minute. Add onion and cook for 1 minute more. Whisk in milk slowly and cook, stirring constantly, until slightly thickened, 3 to 5 minutes. Reduce heat to low and add Monterey Jack cheese, cream cheese, salt, paprika, pepper, red pepper flakes, and cayenne; whisk until the cheeses have melted and are blended in, about 5 minutes. Stir in chopped poblano peppers.
- Cook's Note:
- This is a mild dip, so feel free to add more heat!
Per Serving: 495 calories; 34 39.2 10.6 33 615 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 3
This is wonderful! Our new favorite. I ended up using about 1.5 cups of milk because it was a little thick, and used pepper jack cheese in place of Monterey Jack. I also added quite a bit of cay...
Good homemade flavor. We used 1 1/2 cups milk. I did double up the smoked parika and added about 1/4 tsp cumin also . The dip is still warm and just made it. I think the flavors will be bet...