Torchy's Tacos Green Chile Queso
Ingredients41 m servings 200
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium-high heat; add onion and jalapenos. Cook, stirring frequently, until tender, about 5 minutes. Add garlic; cook for 1 minute more and remove from heat.
- Transfer jalapeno mixture to a blender. Add water, diced tomatoes, hot green chiles, mild green chiles, and cilantro. Cover and blend on high until mostly smooth.
- Pour blended mixture into a large pot over medium heat. Add processed cheese, chicken soup, cream cheese, hot sauce, cumin, and chili powder. Cook and stir until completely melted, 5 to 7 minutes. Stir in lime juice; reduce heat to low.
- Cook's Notes:
- If the queso is too thick, thin with additional water.
- Keep the queso warm in a slow cooker on low.
Per Serving: 200 calories; 15.5 7.3 8.7 43 972 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 5
we are going on our 4th time making this. we've entered it into contests and served it at parties. we really like it and it's super easy. 10/10 will use this recipe for the duration of our lives
I have made this several times and my family loves it as much as Torchys! You can leave out one can of the Hot green chilies if you like and I only put in one can of soup. I can't say enough. Ab...
I was very excited to see this post as I love Torchy's Queso. But how can you call this a copy cat recipe? Torchy's recipe is vegetarian. This one uses condensed cream of chicken. Wish I could...
I made half a recipe, and the only thing I left out was the can of hot chiles. My husband, Texas born and raised, loves it! I'm questioning the addition of the cream of chicken soup. I think ...