Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 22 m servings 357 cals
Original recipe yields 2 servings (2 puddings)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Combine water and 1/4 cup sugar in a saucepan over medium heat. Cook, stirring constantly, until dissolved and light brown in color, about 6 minutes. Pour into the bottoms of 2 custard cups; rotate cups to spread caramel across the bottoms.
- Arrange pear pieces over the caramel; top with walnuts. Sprinkle ginger, 1 pinch nutmeg, black pepper, cinnamon, and 1 pinch lemon peel on top.
- Heat milk and butter in a small saucepan over medium heat until butter is melted, about 1 minute. Remove from heat.
- Whisk egg, 2 tablespoons sugar, rum, 1/2 teaspoon lemon peel, and 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg in a bowl until well beaten. Stir in the milk mixture slowly; mix well. Stir in bread cubes; let soak for 5 minutes. Divide mixture between the prepared cups. Place cups in a baking pan; add hot tap water to come halfway up the sides of the cups.
- Bake in the preheated oven until set, 35 to 45 minutes. Let cool until safe to handle, about 20 minutes.
- Run a sharp knife around the inside edge of the cooled puddings and invert onto small dessert plates.
Per Serving: 357 calories; 12.1 g fat; 56.6 g carbohydrates; 7.3 g protein; 113 mg cholesterol; 222 mg sodium. Full nutrition