Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients4 h 24 m servings 219 cals
Original recipe yields 6 servings (24 balls)
- Dissolve vegan stock cubes in the boiling water in a bowl. Add garlic, thyme, rosemary, sage, and 1 pinch salt. Cut tofu into 1-inch cubes and add to the marinade. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate, 4 hours to overnight.
- Mix 1 1/4 cups flour, baking powder, 1 teaspoon salt, and pepper together in a bowl. Place remaining flour in a shallow bowl.
- Stir 5 tablespoons water and flaxseed meal together in a separate bowl. Let "egg" stand until thickened, about 5 minutes. Add soy milk; mix well. Stir into the flour mixture until batter is well combined.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Take the tofu pieces and dip them in bowl of flour; move into the batter to coat. Fry in the hot oil until browned, 2 to 4 minutes per side.
- Cook's Note:
- I made my broth very strong-tasting. The instructions for my broth cubes was 1 cube per 2 cups of water. I used 2 cubes with only 2 cups of water.
Per Serving: 219 calories; 8 g fat; 28.4 g carbohydrates; 9.3 g protein; 0 mg cholesterol; 603 mg sodium. Full nutrition